Sunday, May 29, 2011

10 Things in L.A. - kickoff!

I'm planning to go to the beach today.  Well, I planned to go yesterday after work, but I thought I'd get out more like 1:30...not 4:00pm.  So today it is!  I don't really want to go to Santa Monica and the pier today, because it's so close to work and I don't want to go there on my day off.  I really liked Manhattan Beach, but I don't know if I want to drive all the way down there...but maybe.  I looked at a map of the area and realized I've never gone to a beach in Malibu.  Zuma it is, I guess!

So I googled the beaches in the area and got my driving directions.  Also on the first page of results was this article: Los Angeles: 10 Things to Do in 24 Hours.

This is perfect.

I'll try to complete one item from the list every week.  It reminds me of my second semester of college, when my then-roommate and I decided to go do something fun in the city (Chicago) every weekend.  We walked on the beaches of Lake Michigan in winter (pretty funny wearing boots and heavy coats), explored Chinatown, and found interesting little shops.  This will be my personal L.A. version.

No comments:

Post a Comment