Sunday, June 10, 2012

New bunny...again!

Even since I got my little girl bunny, I knew she needed a friend.  I was checking the Los Angeles animal shelters almost daily to find the perfect little boyfriend for her.  After two failed attempts (I got there too late and the one I wanted was already claimed)...I found him.

I kept them separate for the first week, then began to introduce them to each other.  That did not start out well. Chasing, light biting...my girl bunny wanted new boy bunny to know that she's in charge.

Meeting in the bathroom
But then, magically, last weekend...


My bunnies are now totally in love.  They are side-by-side almost every time I give them free reign of the apartment.  Today they took a nap, with little gray boy bunny so stretched out and sleepy while girl bunny licked his face.

From initial meeting until cuddling, it only took three weeks. I am a surprisingly great bunny bonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment