Friday, October 14, 2011

Frederick's of Hollywood party

On Wednesday, I received an invite for a special event at the Frederick's of Hollywood flagship store in Hollywood.  As this store has taken a lot of my money (alllll those shopping trips), I had to go: Cocktails!  Discounts! Gift bags!

Emphasis on discounts!  Time for a shopping trip again!

I arrived about a half hour after it started, and there was a line from the door around the corner.  I did not expect that.  I also did not expect the girls in line to be dressed as if they were going into a club.  Little party dresses all over...making my long sundress look lame by comparison. There were a few people in "regular clothes," so that did make me feel a little better.

On all my other trips to the store, there were a handful of other customers, but never anything overwhelming.  Employees were always on top of things and offered assistance, dressing rooms, "let me hold this at the register for you..."—but last night, it was busy.


The staff was definitely doing the best that could, though.  I had a drink in one hand, a few items in the other, and several times I was offered help in finding a size so I didn't have to juggle a way to look through the clothing rack.  The line for the dressing rooms was insane, but the staff there also was good about running out to grab a different size if necessary.  It was very well-organized...just busy.


After an hour and a half, I spent far more money than I should have. (But I'm a shareholder of FOH stock, so eventually they may pay me back...right?) Whatever, I got some fabulous stuff and felt all fancy at the store party/event, so I win.

My shopping bag + gift bag (and all the gift bag goodies)

No comments:

Post a Comment