Sunday, June 12, 2011

10 Things in L.A. - Third Street Promenade

After last weekend's partial attempt, on Friday I did Third Street Promenade for real.

There's actually not much to it, if you're not really looking to go shopping.  It's set up in a way that reminds me of Disneyland's Main Street USA.  Really, any closed-off fake street reminds me of that, though.


There's some cool intersections with a real street, where, on the crosswalk light, everyone mobs the intersection and walks right across the street (and not just the crosswalk).


But basically, it's a lot of shops in a row.  The real appeal I think is in the convenience and the "closed off" factor.  Otherwise, it's just an outdoor strip mall with your average Banana Republic, Chipotle, Old Navy, Forever 21, McDonalds, and other stores and restaurants.

But I did really like walking in the middle of the "street."

No comments:

Post a Comment